Title: False to Any Man (Bantam 80, 2nd ptg, 1947)
Author: Leslie Ford
Cover artist: "Kohs"
- When the Bride of Frankenstein sleeps, she dreams of the facades of junior high schools.
- I sort of like the torn cover effect, but the rest — it's both nonsensical and ugly. The color scheme alone is a nightmare.
- "Colonel Primrose" already sounds like someone I'd like to kick in the balls.
- If only this book were about a "gimlet-eyed" cat.
- Always sad when the original cover is light years better, design-wise, than the paperback.
"He sure am smart, ain' he?" William said, with quite genuine enthusiasm.
In case you were still entertaining some idea of actually reading anything written by this woman...
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]