7.02.2009

Phallic Phriday Early phor the Phorth

So I have tomorrow off, which means that Phallic Phriday is coming a little early. *giggle*

Say you were a book publisher, or editor, or whomsoever it is who makes the call on covers, and you're thinking to yourself, "Self, how can I get my cover on Judge a Book? Perhaps I should have a subtle (or not so subtle) pun in the title? And have a naked hero on the cover caressing his naked sword in such a way to suggest that he's into autoeroticism? Maybe that'll get me noticed in the blogosphere?"


Well guess what, Mr(s) book editor/publisher/guru, your wish is granted! Happy Phorth from Maughta.

11 comments:

Larry Lennhoff said...

I see the publisher went even further than you noticed. May I call your attention to the author's last name?

Nicole "Gidget" Kalstein said...

Call me crazy, but...I'm looking at the angle of his arm and, well...is it me, or does his arm look a little short? And when I say "a little short", I mean "freakishly short".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or let me know if you agree, so I know I'm not insane.


________________________________________
http://coverjunkie.blogspot.com/

Ms Avery said...

The thing that disturbs me the most is how much like Tom Cruise that guy looks...

Anonymous said...

Lyndee, are you saying what I think you are saying, that it's someone else's hand on the sword?

Rex Parker said...

It is the Hand of Wellfondler!

Abby said...

And her first name is Sue Ellen, for our very most favorite Mrs. Ewing!!!

Anonymous said...

Ew. That guy totally looks like Uri Gellar.

It must not be, though, or he would have a bent sword.

Anonymous said...

Lyndee, maybe his arm is...cramped.

Sexy Sadie said...

This guy's right arm seems to be missing. An accident with the sword, perhaps?

Torsten Adair said...

So this is "Turgid Thursday"?

Annie Mo said...

omg, this one's REAL? heh