9.25.2009

Happy Phriday!

Is everyone looking forward to the weekend? Probably not as much as this guy:



As if him being butt naked on the cover wasn't enough, phallicky images still abound on this cover: her ears, her tail, and of course those tentacles!! Creepy -- if I were her, I'd be worrying about what those tentacles were up to! For the guys, we have a lovely side-boob, and I think the moon is meant to be a mammary symbol too. Two questions. First, what is wrong with his fingers? They're... creepy. Second, why is she still wearing her watch?


Next, we have a look back to a time when creepy old scientists gently held their telescopes in the presence of their young ... proteges. The protege looks clearly uncomfortable. What's less clear is what that is on his arm. A band-aid? Or a weird European tribal tattoo?


Finally, while this certainly doesn't meet the requirements of a Phriday post, it made me laugh out loud. Seriously loud. My coworker in the next office came over to see if I'd snapped. (Maybe I have, but I still think the cover is hilarious!)



Why is Scotty's head floating in space? Is he supposed to be a character in addition to the co-author? Even still, WHY IS HIS ENORMOUS HEAD FLOATING IN SPACE???? I also love the "special" effect ($5.99) of that ship blowing up, or growing a purple star, or... whatever.

TGIF!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The freaky "inter-species love" cover is very strange. Maybe it's targeted to men because they thing alien girls are easy.

And it's an underwater watch.

Adnoxious said...

1634 looks like a real steamy read. I wish I could quit you, Galileo.

adnoxious.blogspot.com
Taking aim at lousy advertising

Alissa Grosso said...

Scotty's head is obviously a planet. What a fantastically horrible cover.

DocTurtle said...

At first I thought the name of the book was James Doohan Rising. How many layers of awesome would that have had?

Unknown said...

Me too. I thought it was some sort of hilarious parody book.

Nicole "Gidget" Kalstein said...

That first one is like a train wreck...it's ugly and horrifying, yet I can't look away...

(Random: my word verification is "whantoly"...I don't think it means anything, but it's fun to say out loud. Try it!) :)
__________________________________________
http://coverjunkie.blogspot.com/

jane dough said...

Oh Maughta you crack me up. And if I were HIM I would be worring about those tentacles. They look like equal opportunity interstellar digits to me.
And is it seriously called the Galileo affair?! Oh, it is just too good.

Miss Maggie said...

I'm afraid I can't take credit for the up cracking, Jane. Biker Puppy did me a solid in penning this awesome post! Cheers, BP!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a telescope ... is JUST ...
an extendable sex toy.

-- Feral boy

Sexy Sadie said...

Talk about strange relations. The girl on the cover seems to be part leprechon, part vulcan, part nymph, part mutant.