4.29.2007

Shiva in Steel

For those of you who aren't "members of the tribe," Judaism has a tradition that when someone dies, the family of the deceased sit around for a week and eat a lot of food and have a sort of "open house" for friends and relatives. We also cover the mirrors and tear our clothes and do other weird things 'cause we're a quirky people. This tradition is called sitting Shiva (more information on sitting Shiva can be found on the internet).


So imagine my surprise when I came across the following book:

And imagine my chagrin that with my degree in Religious Studies it still took me wa-a-a-ay longer than it should have to figure out that this was referring to the Hindu god, Shiva. Oops, my bad.

That still doesn't explain their tiny little heads.

Shiva in Steel

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Fred Saberhagen"! Best name ever!

Mooselet said...

Shouldn't they have an extra set of arms then?

DocTurtle said...

Rejected tag-line: "...And nobody brought a kugel."

Snow said...

The proportions really do look wrong on the bodies.

Shiva in Steel is an anagram of Eve Nails Sh*t. Coincidence?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, it's an "All new Berserker novel!" Thank god! I've been waiting for a new "Berserker" novel since...since...you know...the last one.

DocTurtle said...

snow: Yay! The anagram game! Willow in Bloom gives us "I will blow mono." What does it all mean?!?

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or did the cover artist decide to lure readers in by painting likenesses of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez? (If the cover dates from the 1998, that's a powerful paintbrush. It can predict the future!)

;)