12.15.2008

Celebrate! It's Pick-on-Marion-Zimmer-Bradley Day!!!

Don't you wish every day were Pick-on-Marion-Zimmer-Bradley day? I know I do! Although I guess I wouldn't have time to pick on Baen. Or bodice-ripping romances (yell at me now, Sarah from Smart Bitches, I said BODICE-RIPPER!!! Ah hah hah hah!!!). Okay, so I don't wish every day were Pick-on-Marion-Zimmer-Bradley day, but I sure am glad today is, 'cause we've been seeing a few stinkers around here, let me tell ya!



First up we see our hero wielding his sword in Land of the Giant Salt Shakers.





Hmmmm, that looks familiar to me. Where have I seen that before? Oh, I remember...






Ah, Phallic Phriday. Without you I would be bereft and 1000s of books with GIANT SHINY PHLAMING PHALLUSES on the cover would go unremarked.



And finally, we have...umm...


Play-Doh gone horribly awry! Words cannot express how creeped out I am by this cover. I need to go huddle under the blankies with the doggies now! Either that, or surf some Cute Overload. Or some Not-so-Cute Overload. Cheers!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the date of the Hunters of the Red Moon cover art? Because the swordperson holding sword high while other people crouch to the side thing is pretty common and predates star wars. E.g. the Whelan cover to Cherryh's Gate of Ivrel is from 1976, and I'd be surprised if it's the first like that.

Rex Parker said...

I am not kidding when I tell you that that first MZB cover was on tap for my Sunday write-up. It's sitting here staring me in the face. Freaky, freaky coincidence.

rp

Miss Maggie said...

RP-

What you didn't know is that it's also Maughta-is-Omniscent day. Hah hah! You've been PWNED*!


*Don't you hate it when fogies try to use hep-speak in order to sound chill or with-it? I know I do!

BikerPuppy said...

re: Red Moon -- is he pregnant?

xenobiologista said...

You mean Marion Zimmer Bradley's books AREN'T bodice-ripping romances?